A course for Yoga teachers with John Stirk.
This course for teachers aims to deepen, open and broaden the Yoga experience by inviting participants to sink beneath existing information and practical application. The work undertaken will be experimental and interactive both on and off the mat and will focus on drawing out the deeper practitioner and teacher in all of us.
The course will not provide a fixed formula. As we proceed we will highlight the various aspects of practice and teaching as they arise. These aspects will include feelings, observations & insights relating to:
- Eastern and Western approaches
- The question of self
- The Ego, identity and identification
- Impediments to understanding – conditioning and habit
- The thinking and feeling mind – intelligence and living tissue
- Consciousness and it’s expansion
- Tension and resistance in the body/mind
- Love, fear, vulnerability and relationship
- Teaching the un-teachable, communication and transference, language, voice and touch
All anatomical and bio-mechanical aspects will be addressed as they arise.
Some research relating to the nature and content of the course will be expected between workshops.
Duration of the London Teachers Course: Six months
Six weekend workshops: Friday evenings: 1800 hours (6pm) – 2100 (9pm) Saturdays 10.00am – 1700 hours (5pm)